Monday, February 25, 2008

I will decide ... OK! Got it! Good...

The censorship issue over games is on the cards at the moment. I was reading an article about it, see this link - http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/02/22/1203467345267.html. Apparently the gaming industry opinion on censorship is:

'The games industry has long argued that the censorship regime is unnecessarily draconian and prevents adults from making their own decisions as to the type of content they consume.'

Ah, there it is, the nugget in the middle, we are being prevented from 'making our own decisions'! I always new I was being held back by those 'draconian' bureaucrats! Get off my back would you!

This is just another example of people not wanting to be told what to do whether it is about gaming, sex, abortion or God, etc.. For who decides what is 'good' for us? Surely it is me, did you hear me, ME! The technical word for it is voluntarism. It represents peoples inner longing to be in control and if someone else invades my personal decision making process then WATCH OUT!

It is just as obvious when talking to people about Jesus being their King. Woh! Slow down there cowboy! Sure he may have died on the cross and rose again but who said anything about him being King of my life? Living with Jesus as King (he demonstrated his kingship by dying and rising again)means obeying Him and submitting to what he says is good for us, it means He is intimately involved in your decision making - in fact, decisions should be about honouring Jesus as King. I know that I want to obey God, who created us, because surely he would know what the 'good' is- not my sin stained desires.

No comments: